- BA, MA and PhD in Political Science, Faculty of Political Science, University of Zagreb;
- 1998 – Graduated "Leaders for the 21st Century" Course at George C. Marshall European Center for Security Studies in Garmisch-Partenkirchen.
- July 2009 – appointed State Secretary for Political Affairs
- September 2008 – appointed State Secretary for European Integration
- 1 October 2005 – Ambassador of the Republic of Croatia to the NATO
- 10 February 2004 –appointment as Chief of Staff of the Office of the President of the Republic of Croatia
- 2002 – Ambassador of the Republic of Croatia to Serbia and Montenegro
- 2001 – Chargé d'affaires ad interim of the Embassy of the Republic of Croatia to Belgrade, Federal Republic of Yugoslavia (Serbia and Montenegro)
- 2000 – Coordinator for relations with the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Croatia with the rank of ambassador
- 1999 – Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Croatia with the rank of ambassador
- 1997-1999 – Deputy Head and Head of the Department on Neighbouring Countries in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs with the rank of Minister Counsellor
- 1996 – Counsellor in the Embassy of the Republic of Croatia in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 1994-1996 – Senior Adviser in the Department for Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Croatia
- 1990 – Chairman of the Draft Board in the Ministry of Defence of the Republic of Croatia
- 1987 – Adviser in the Republic's Secretariat for Defence of Croatia
- Mr. Davor Božinović is not a member of any political party.