Here you can find basic information about the visa regime between the Republic of Croatia and all other countries/entities.
Information on this web site is liable to change, therefore we advise seeking additional information before travelling:
Augusta Cesarca 6
c/o Gradska sigurnost Šimac i sin d.o.o.
Kroz Smrdečac 45
21 000 Split
Ulica 9. L rujna 11
51 410 Opatija
c/o "Atlantska plovidba d.d."
Dr. Ante Starčevića24
20 000 Dubrovnik
* Citizens of The Netherlands may enter Croatia with personal ID.
* From 1 July 2013 Croatian citizens may enter The Netherlands with personal ID. ** Croatian nationals do not need to obtain a visa in order to enter the territory of Curacao, St. Maarten and Aruba.
Measures to suppress and prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19):
Until further notice, the lodging of a visa application at the Croatian Embassies/Consulates is temporarily suspended.
Suspension of receipt of the visa application does not apply to the following categories of persons:
1. family members of Croatian nationals;
2. family members of citizens of the EEA and the Swiss Confederation;
NOTE: Family members referred to in points (1) and (2) are considered to be:
- common-law partner if the union lasts for three years or less if the stability and permanence of the union can be determined from other circumstances,
- life or informal life partner,
- the direct descendants who are under the age of 21 or are dependants, and those of the spouse or extramarital partner or life or informal life partner,
- adopted child up to the age of 21 or is dependant, as well as that of a spouse or common-law partner or life or informal life partner,
- dependent direct relatives in the ascending line and those of the spouse or common-law partner or life or informal life partner.
A family member may also be considered another family member who is in the country from which he/she comes the dependent member, a member of the household or is dependent on his/her personal care for serious health reasons.
3. persons who have been granted temporary residence or have been issued a residence and work permit in the Republic Croatia;
4. members of the immediate family of the persons referred to in point (3), if those persons are already in the Republic of Croatia and have been issued a residence card;
NOTE: The following are considered immediate family members of the persons referred to in point (3):
- minor joint children of spouses and common-law partners, their minor adopted children and minor children of each of them, who have not started their own family,
- parents or adoptive parents of minor children.
5. healthcare workers, health researchers and caregivers for the elderly,
6. workers in the transport sector;
7. diplomats, staff of international organizations and persons invited by international organizations whose physical presence is necessary for the good functioning of those organizations, military personnel and police officers, as well as humanitarian and civil protection personnel in the performance of their duties;
8. passengers in transit, provided that they prove the possibility to enter the country of destination;
10. persons traveling for education;
11. persons traveling for urgent personal/family reasons, such as:
- death of a family member - attendance to funeral,
- serious and urgent health reasons provided that medical documentation and a hospital invitation is presented,
- ownership of a real estate provided that the title deed is presented,
- ownership or lease of a vessel berthed at Croatia provided that the proof of ownership or lease is presented.
12. persons traveling for tourist reasons provided that a certificate of paid accommodation in a hotel, camp, private renter or rented vessel and other form of tourist accommodation is presented
13. persons traveling for urgent business reasons, or who have other economic interest
Exceptionally, and in accordance with Article 2 Para 2 of the Decision on temporary ban and restrictin of crossing the border crossings of the Republic of Croatia (Official Gazette No. 32/21), persons coming from third countries listed in Annex I to Council Recommendation (EU) 2020/912 may enter Croatia without restrictions. Therefore, the suspension of receipt of the visa application does not apply to the following categories of persons either:
14. nationals of Rwanda and Thailand residing in the country of their nationality and traveling to Croatia directly from Rwanda or Thailand;
15. third-country nationals (if they require a visa) who have a valid residence permit in Australia, the Republic of Korea, New Zealand, Rwanda, Singapore or Thailand and who travel to Croatia directly from those countries.
NOTE: in the event of a serious deterioration of the epidemiological situation in a particular third country, a temporary complete suspension of visa applications is possible. In this case, visa applications are accepted only from:
Until further notice, all communications related to obtaining the necessary information regarding the Croatian visa requirements shall be made by electronic mail (email@example.com).
Until further notice, the delivery and storage of guarantee letters is only possible by mail (address: Služba za vize, Petretićev trg 2 10000 Zagreb).
Pursuant to the Government’s Decision, starting with 22 July 2014, the Republic of Croatia applies the Decision No 565/2014/EU. All third-country nationals who are holders of valid Schengen documents, as well as national visas and residence permits of Bulgaria, Cyprus, and Romania do not require an additional (Croatian) visa for Croatia.
Third-country nationals who are holders of:
do not require a visa for transit or intended stays in the territory of Croatia not exceeding 90 days in any 180-day period.
The Decision No 565/2014/EU is available at:
Nationals of Kosovo, who are holders of Schengen visas with limited territorial validity (LTV visas), valid for all Schengen countries except for Spain (-ES), do not require additional Croatian visa for transit through or intended stays in the territory of the Republic of Croatia not exceeding 90 days in any 180-day period.
The period of validity of the above mentioned Schengen, Bulgarian, Cypriot, and Romanian documents must cover the duration of the transit or stay.
Passport has to be valid for at least another three months after the planned departure from Croatia and issued within the previous 10 years.
This facilitated entry of third-country nationals is in force until Croatia fully applies the provisions of the Schengen acquis.
Third-country nationals who require a visa for Croatia can fill out the visa application form on-line at crovisa.mvep.hr (available in English, Russian, Ukrainian, Albanian, and Turkish language). Printed and filled out application form, along with other required documents, should be submitted to the competent Croatian Embassy/Consulate or visa centre or through an accredited tourist agency.
Visa applications can also be submitted at VFS Visa Application Centres in:
Algeria - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/algeria/
Armenia - http://vfsglobal.com/croatia/armenia/
Azerbaijan - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/azerbaijan/English/
Bahrein - https://www.vfsglobal.com/Croatia/Bahrain/index.html
Belarus - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/belarus/
China - https://visa.vfsglobal.com/chn/en/hrv
Egypt - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/Egypt/
India - http://www.vfsglobal.com/Croatia/India/
Indonesia - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/indonesia/
Jordan - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/jordan/index.html
Kazakhstan - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/kazakhstan/
Kosovo - http://www.vfsglobal.com/Croatia/Kosovo/
Kuwait - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/kuwait/index.html
Lebanon - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/Lebanon/index.html
Mongoliji - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/mongolia/
Morocco - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/morocco/
Nigeria - http://www.vfsglobal.com/Croatia/Nigeria/
Oman - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/oman/
Philippines - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/philippines/
Qatar - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/qatar/
Russia - http://www.vfsglobal.com/Croatia/russia/English/index.html
Saudi Arabia - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/SaudiArabia/index.html
South Africa - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/southAfrica/
Thailand - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/thailand/
Turkey - https://visa.vfsglobal.com/tur/en/hrv/
Ukraine - http://www.vfsglobal.com/Croatia/Ukraine/english/index.html
United Arab Emirates - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/uae/
Vietnam - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/vietnam/.
All questions regarding Croatia’s visa regime can be submitted at: firstname.lastname@example.org