Here you can find basic information about the visa regime between Croatia and all other countries/entities.
Information on this web site is liable to change, therefore we advise seeking additional information before travelling:
10 000 Zagreb
10 000 Zagreb
Qijiayuan Diplomatic Compound
No. 9 Jianguomenwai Street
P.R. of CHINA
64th Floor, Hopewell Centre
183 Queen's road East, Wanchai
Hong Kong SAR
P.R. of CHINA
* Citizens of the Hong Kong Special Administration Region and Macao Special Administration Region, both part of the People’s Republic of China, holders of a ‘Hong Kong Special Administrative Region’ passport and a ‘Região Administrativa Especial de Macau’ passport, do not require a visa to enter Croatia and to stay for up to 90 days in any 180-day period or to transit through the territory of Croatia.> * Visa applications can also be submitted at the VFS visa application centers - http://www.vfsglobal.cn/croatia/china/English/index.html.
The Government of the People's Republic of China has decided, from March 28, 2020, to suspend the entry of foreign nationals holding a valid Chinese visa or residence permit. This also applies to persons holding an APEC business travel card Likewise, the entry ban also applies to all areas that Croatian citizens could otherwise have entered without a visa. The ban does not apply to holders of diplomatic, official or C visas. Foreign nationals coming to China for necessary economic, trade, scientific or technological activities, or for urgent humanitarian reasons, may apply for a visa at the competent Chinese embassy or consulate. Visa applicants after March 28, 2020 will be able to enter the People's Republic of China. Starting 10 August 2020., Croatian nationals who hold valid Chinese residence permits, including work pemit, permit for family reunion and personal matters, can apply for visas for free of charge. For the additional information please contact the Embassy of People’s Republic of China in Zagreb. * Starting 1 July 2018, request for visa shall be filled out online, i.e. using electronic application form (https://cova.cs.mfa.gov.cn). Appointment for lodging the visa application with the required documents shall also be scheduled online. The Embassy shall not accept hand filled out applications or applications without previously scheduled appointment. All applicants shall submit printed out confirmation and signed e-application form. Visa applicants shall apply in person and submit confirmation page, e-application form, passport, and other necessary documentation to the Embassy. ** Croatian nationals, holders of valid passport, entering the People’s Republic of China at the Peking, Chengdu and Guangzhou airports, can stay in transit in the PRC for up to 72 hours without visa. *** Croatian nationals, holders of valid passport and with onward flight tickets, if travelling over the Hangzhou (HGH), Nanjing Lukou (NKG), Shangai Hongsqiao (SHA) and Shangai Pudong (PVG) airports, can stay in transit in the PRC for up to 144 hours. All passengers are subject to immigration control. Leaving the transit area of airport is allowed. **** Croatian citizens, holders of valid Croatian passports, can enter and stay up to 90 days in the Special Administrative Region Macao, People’s Republic of China and Special Administrative Region of Hong Kong, People’s Republic of China ***** Starting 1 May, 2018 Croatian citizens holders of ordinary passport can enjoy visa-free entry to Hainan Province through its ports and are entitled to stay in the administrative regions of Hainan Province for 30 days, on condition that they book their tour through Hainan travel agencies. For the additional information please contact the Embassy of People’s Republic of China in Zagreb.
Measures to suppress and prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19):
Until further notice, the lodging of a visa application at the Croatian Embassies/Consulates is temporarily suspended.
Suspension of receipt of the visa application does not apply to the following categories of persons:
1. family members of Croatian nationals;
2. family members of citizens of the EEA and the Swiss Confederation;
NOTE: Family members referred to in points (1) and (2) are considered to be:
- common-law partner if the union lasts for three years or less if the stability and permanence of the union can be determined from other circumstances,
- life or informal life partner,
- the direct descendants who are under the age of 21 or are dependants, and those of the spouse or extramarital partner or life or informal life partner,
- adopted child up to the age of 21 or is dependant, as well as that of a spouse or common-law partner or life or informal life partner,
- dependent direct relatives in the ascending line and those of the spouse or common-law partner or life or informal life partner.
A family member may also be considered another family member who is in the country from which he/she comes the dependent member, a member of the household or is dependent on his/her personal care for serious health reasons.
3. persons who have been granted temporary residence or have been issued a residence and work permit in the Republic Croatia;
4. members of the immediate family of the persons referred to in point (3), if those persons are already in the Republic of Croatia and have been issued a residence card;
NOTE: The following are considered immediate family members of the persons referred to in point (3):
- minor joint children of spouses and common-law partners, their minor adopted children and minor children of each of them, who have not started their own family,
- parents or adoptive parents of minor children.
5. healthcare workers, health researchers and caregivers for the elderly,
6. workers in the transport sector;
7. diplomats, staff of international organizations and persons invited by international organizations whose physical presence is necessary for the good functioning of those organizations, military personnel and police officers, as well as humanitarian and civil protection personnel in the performance of their duties;
8. passengers in transit, provided that they prove the possibility to enter the country of destination;
10. persons traveling for education;
11. persons traveling for urgent personal/family reasons, such as:
- visit of extended family members (parents and children, regardless of age, including parents and children of the spouses; siblings, including their children),
- marriage, provided that the relevant documentation is attached and the date of the wedding in Croatia is determined (or certified statements of future spouses about the intention to marry are attached),
- death of a family member - attendance to funeral,
- serious and urgent health reasons provided that medical documentation and a hospital invitation is presented,
- ownership of a real estate provided that the title deed is presented,
- ownership or lease of a vessel berthed at Croatia provided that the proof of ownership or lease is presented.
12. persons traveling for tourist reasons provided that a confirmation of booked acommodation or certificate of paid accommodation in a hotel, camp, private renter or rented vessel and other form of tourist accommodation is presented
13. persons traveling for urgent business reasons, or who have other economic interest
Exceptionally, and in accordance with Article 5 Para 4 of the Decision on temporary ban and restrictin of crossing the border crossings of the Republic of Croatia (Official Gazette Nos. 84/21, 85/21, 90/21, 95/21, 100/21, 106/21, 112/21, 117/21 and 121/21), persons coming from third countries listed in Annex I to Council Recommendation (EU) 2020/912 may enter Croatia without restrictions as to the purpose of the journey. Therefore, the suspension of receipt of the visa application does not apply to the following categories of persons either:
14. nationals of Bahrain, Indonesia, Jordan, Kuwait, Qatar, Rwanda and Saudi Arabia residing in the country of their nationality and traveling to Croatia directly from Bahrain, Indonesia, Jordan, Kuwait, Namibia, Qatar, Rwanda or Saudi Arabia;
15. third-country nationals (if they require a visa) who have a valid residence permit in Argentina, Australia, Bahrain, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, the Republic of Korea, Kuwait, New Zealand, Peru, Qatar, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, or Uruguay and who travel to Croatia directly from those countries.
NOTE: in the event of a serious deterioration of the epidemiological situation in a particular third country, a temporary complete suspension of visa applications is possible. In this case, visa applications are accepted only from:
Until further notice, all communications related to obtaining the necessary information regarding the Croatian visa requirements shall be made by electronic mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Third-country Until further notice, the delivery and storage of guarantee letters is only possible by mail (address: Služba za vize, Petretićev trg 2 10000 Zagreb).
Pursuant to the Government’s Decision, starting with 22 July 2014, the Republic of Croatia applies the Decision No 565/2014/EU. All third-country nationals who are holders of valid Schengen documents, as well as national visas and residence permits of Bulgaria, Cyprus, and Romania do not require an additional (Croatian) visa for Croatia.
Third-country nationals who are holders of:
do not require a visa for transit or intended stays in the territory of Croatia not exceeding 90 days in any 180-day period.
The Decision No 565/2014/EU is available at:
Nationals of Kosovo, who are holders of Schengen visas with limited territorial validity (LTV visas), valid for all Schengen countries except for Spain (-ES), do not require additional Croatian visa for transit through or intended stays in the territory of the Republic of Croatia not exceeding 90 days in any 180-day period.
The period of validity of the above mentioned Schengen, Bulgarian, Cypriot, and Romanian documents must cover the duration of the transit or stay.
Passport has to be valid for at least another three months after the planned departure from Croatia and issued within the previous 10 years.
This facilitated entry of third-country nationals is in force until Croatia fully applies the provisions of the Schengen acquis.
Third-country nationals who require a visa for Croatia can fill out the visa application form on-line at crovisa.mvep.hr (available in English, Russian, Ukrainian, Albanian, and Turkish language). Printed and filled out application form, along with other required documents, should be submitted to the competent Croatian Embassy/Consulate or visa centre or through an accredited tourist agency.
Visa applications can also be submitted at VFS Visa Application Centres in:
Algeria - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/algeria/
Armenia - http://vfsglobal.com/croatia/armenia/
Azerbaijan - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/azerbaijan/English/
Bahrein - https://www.vfsglobal.com/Croatia/Bahrain/index.html
Belarus - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/belarus/
China - https://visa.vfsglobal.com/chn/en/hrv
Egypt - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/Egypt/
India - http://www.vfsglobal.com/Croatia/India/
Indonesia - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/indonesia/
Jordan - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/jordan/index.html
Kazakhstan - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/kazakhstan/
Kosovo - http://www.vfsglobal.com/Croatia/Kosovo/
Kuwait - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/kuwait/index.html
Lebanon - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/Lebanon/index.html
Mongoliji - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/mongolia/
Morocco - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/morocco/
Nigeria - http://www.vfsglobal.com/Croatia/Nigeria/
Oman - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/oman/
Philippines - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/philippines/
Qatar - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/qatar/
Russia - http://www.vfsglobal.com/Croatia/russia/English/index.html
Saudi Arabia - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/SaudiArabia/index.html
South Africa - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/southAfrica/
Thailand - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/thailand/
Turkey - https://visa.vfsglobal.com/tur/en/hrv/
Ukraine - http://www.vfsglobal.com/Croatia/Ukraine/english/index.html
United Arab Emirates - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/uae/
United Kingdom: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/gbr/en/hrv/
Vietnam - http://www.vfsglobal.com/croatia/vietnam/.
All questions regarding Croatia’s visa regime can be submitted at: email@example.com